Antrim Area Hospital is an acute trust of 350 beds and is part of Antrim United Hospitals Trust. Spurred on by the public sector building energy reduction target, the Hospital investigated installing a wind turbine on site to provide energy.
The wind turbine has been a success and other hospitals across the UK are taking an interest in replicating what has been achieved at Antrim.
Benefits As well as cutting Antrim Area Hospital’s energy bill, the project has also reaped the following benefits:
• Reduces power generation waste
• Benefits air pollution and climate change
• No impact on biodiversity
• Easy to return the site to how it was before.
AEM Ltd was appointed by the client to provide Electrical services. AEM Ltd provided the following installations:
• Installation of a single 600/660 KW Wind Turbine Generator & Controls
• Installation of the foundation for the Turbine
• Installation of a step up transformer
• Relocation of existing NIE intake position
• Cabling and supports